Movie and TV Reviews


I've decided to take on a blog to review any movies and/or television shows I'm watching. I'm going to post my review and then score it on one of a couple of recommendations:

Trash Can: Don't waste your time
Skip It: If you can avoid it, do so
Rental: It's alright, worth a watch
Own It: Good for the movie collection
Essential Collection: Don't miss it

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pokemon - The Rise of Darkrai

***SPOILER ALERT***

"The Rise of Darkrai" is an important film to me because it was the first film released after I started collecting the Pokemon movies.  This film really laid the roots that not only got me back into the movies but into the games as well.

This film was the first released for generation four.  It is the first of what has become commonly known as Pokemon's time and space trilogy.  There is little thread between them but enough to merit them as a trilogy.

This film's plot is real simple.  Darkrai is feared by the town's people but ends up just being the middle guy trying to quell the fighting between Dialga, the Pokemon of time and Palkia, the Pokemon of space.  Both of which are considered to be deities.

This film is one that I commonly rewatch.  It's fun and I enjoy the action after a hard day when I'm in the mood for Pokemon.  When I compare it to the other film's in the franchise it's pretty good.

Competitive Moment

Darkrai is definitely the quintessential Pokemon that could take Mewtwo down.  In matter of fact, if you don't get rid of it right away it's going to become quite the headache.  It puts you to sleep and takes damage from you while you are sleeping through both it's ability and dream eater.

Dialga is one of my favorite legendary Pokemon.  It is a great dragon-type Pokemon because it is not weak to either dragon or ice-type Pokemon.  It is definitely a special attacker and can be great when utilized correctly.

I don't know too much about Palkia.  I've never trained one and I've always seen it to be inferior to Dialga.  I've never really battled a Palkia.  It isn't weak to ice which is great, but it is weak to dragon so that definitely gives Dialga the edge over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment