Movie and TV Reviews


I've decided to take on a blog to review any movies and/or television shows I'm watching. I'm going to post my review and then score it on one of a couple of recommendations:

Trash Can: Don't waste your time
Skip It: If you can avoid it, do so
Rental: It's alright, worth a watch
Own It: Good for the movie collection
Essential Collection: Don't miss it

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pokemon the Movie Black - Victini and Reshiram

***SPOILER ALERT***

Shortly after the start of generation five it was time to get moving on a new movie to show off the new Pokemon.  The result was actually two movies.  I like to call this movie, along with it's partner movie, "Pokemon the Movie White - Victini and Zekrom" mirror movies.  They're basically the same thing with a few tweaks.  I'll get to that when I review White.

This film is probably the closest the anime has ever gotten to the plot of the video games with the two stones that resurrect themselves when a trainer worthy of them discovers them.  Inside the dark stone is Zekrom, Pokemon of ideals and Reshiram, Pokemon of truth.  In this movie, Ash controls Reshiram while Damon controls Zekrom.  A lot mirrors the video games here even so much as the floating castle that the battle commences on.

Victini is generation five's resident "fairy" legendary, meant to be both cute and strong.  Victini had been trapped in Eindoak Town for 1,000 years and the plot pretty much covered trying to free Victini from Eindoak Town.  Of course there is success.

I enjoyed this film more the second time around and when compared to the other Pokemon films, it's quite good.  Besides, I've always enjoyed when these films add a fantasy element to the mix and this one definitely covered that.

Competitive Moment

Being that Reshiram is the starring legend in this film I'm going to save Zekrom for my White review.  In many ways Reshiram is Zekrom's opposite.  Reshiram is a great special attacker.  A Pokemon that definitely can hold it's own in competitive battling.  As much as I love Zekrom I feel Reshiram definitely deserves it's place as mascot of Pokemon Black Version.

As for Victini, it's meant for double and triple battles, neither of which I am particularly fond of.  I prefer to go with either singles or rotations.  Of course Victini is pretty good there too thanks to it's unique typing and good move pool.  Victini can be a complete headache if you're not ready for it, of course it can die real easy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment