Movie and TV Reviews


I've decided to take on a blog to review any movies and/or television shows I'm watching. I'm going to post my review and then score it on one of a couple of recommendations:

Trash Can: Don't waste your time
Skip It: If you can avoid it, do so
Rental: It's alright, worth a watch
Own It: Good for the movie collection
Essential Collection: Don't miss it

Monday, June 25, 2012

Garfield: The Movie

***SPOILER ALERT***

Studios seem to have gotten into the swing of remaking children's cartoons into live-action films a lot more in the last ten years.  One such film is Garfield.  A lot of kids grew up on either the comic strip or the cartoon.  In my opinion these films provide one of two things; a marketing ploy for the company's to sell toys or a failed attempt at nostalgia for people who grew up on these cartoons.  Garfield provides both but leaves you wish the cartoon had stayed in your childhood.

I do believe 'Garfield: The Movie' is one of the better 'cartoon' films.  However, it is very, very far from perfect.  It is chock full of cliches and jokes that only a child under the age of six could enjoy.  I would detail the plot but I'm not sure there was one.

The CGI that was used to create Garfield is great, although made odd because all the other animal characters were real, trained animals.  I never got used to that and feel as though it was done as a cost saving effort.

To keep this short and simple, when it comes to 'Garfield: The Movie' you're best to just skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment